I started a new class at the gym today!
I started the day with a pylometrics/ cardio class, then took Zumba! (More to come on Zumba!)
One woman from the first class stayed to do Zumba too. There was a little time between classes, so we got to talking.
I complimented her on how hard she worked out. This lady was a champion. Everything she did she did 150%, pushing herself harder each round. She started to explain a little of her story.
"I used to be 210 pounds," she explained.
It blew my mind!!! This woman looks like one of those ladies who have just been blessed with good genes. In my mind, she had been skinny all her life, and working out came easier to her than it ever would for me. Flat stomach, strong and toned- surely she wouldn't understand what it was like for me. Oh, how I misjudged her!!
"I started out just doing jazzercise, then slowly pushed myself harder. I hate fad diets. You lose the weight quickly, then as soon as you stop you gain all the weight back! I've learned that the slower it comes off, the longer it will stay off."
I truly believe God put us in the class together to help me hear what He's been trying to tell me. "Slow and steady wins the race. Don't be discouraged- if you push through the plateaus and the pounds put back on, if you keep trying and taking it day by day, you WILL see results!" Thanks God, you're pretty fantastical. ;)
She said it took her a little over a year. I know she has absolutely no idea how much just our one little chat has inspired and encouraged me.
I just love little gifts like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment