This weekend was great! I got to celebrate my dad's birthday with him, join some awesome ladies at church to hang out, hear a beautiful woman talk about Jesus and how awesome He is, and just relax!
Two big this happened this week:
1. I went out to a restaurant for the first time since starting this diet. Honestly, I was really nervous! We went to Texas Roadhouse. Here's what I usually get:
-appetizer of some fried awesomeness. (Usually pickles or an onion blossom)
-dinner is a steak, a fully loaded sweet potato packed with caramel sauce and marshmallows!!! And apple sauce.
-If I can still breathe/move, I will split some dessert with whoever I'm eating with.
Then I'd roll myself out of the booth, go into a food coma and go to bed.
YIKES! I'd hate to even know what that meal did to my body.
This time, I had:
-No appetizer.
-Steak, with a side of mixed veggies and a side of green beans.
It was delicious, and I didn't feel sick OR guilty when I left! Huge win.
THEN- Sunday we had a "ladies tea" at church. Some amazing tastefully simple ladies I know made a HUGE assortment of all things TS. (seriously- this stuff is fool proof to make, AND tastes UH. MAZING.) Luckily, for once in my life I thought ahead. Knowing I would have some serious temptations sitting right in front of me, I ate a lil' somethin before I left so I wouldn't be starving, and I packed my breakfast in a lunchbox so I had things on hand I could eat.
All in all, I feel pretty darn fantastic about the choices I made, and it feels good to get a win in every now and then.
I still gained two pounds (AGAIN) which only further proves my theory that I can gain weight by LOOKING at unhealthy food, but I made the right choices. And I know if I continue to do so, the weight will come off.
No comments:
Post a Comment