Thursday, November 29, 2012

I don't wanna

Last week, I REALLY didn't want to go to the gym.
I had a long week of a lot of work and not much sleep. I was frustrated and tired, and a little cranky too. (I know! Me? Cranky?! Ha ha ha)
I went to bed at 0800 (I worked the night before) swearing I was just going to sleep until I woke up naturally, and wasn't going to worry about the gym. I made excuse after excuse as to why there wouldn't any benefit to going to the gym when I work out.
"It would just make me more tired if I haven't rested enough."
"I couldn't give 100% if I'm already tired going into the workout."
"I won't be able to catch up on sleep if I wake up to go to the gym."
Blah blah blah....
Now, I do now there are times to listen to your body and rest. Now wasn't one of those times.
I didn't set an alarm, yet conveniently woke up early enough to go. Despite some hard core procrastinating, I still had time to eat a good breakfast, get ready, and get to the gym early enough to go on the treadmill to warm up before bodypump. Clearly, no matter what I did to avoid it, I was supposed to work out that day.
After warming up, I went into the class to set up, only to see that the instructor I don't exactly care for was teaching the class. :/ Seeing how I didn't want to work out in the first place, I was seriously tempted to pretend I forgot something and walk right back out.
I decided to suck it up and just do it. I'm SO glad I did. It was one of the best workouts I have had so far. I felt stronger and had more endurance than I had before. I was able to last a lot longer before taking a break than I had ever before in bodypump! It was pretty fantastic.
I honestly believe it was a little gift from God for sucking it up and dragging my tail in there despite desperately trying to avoid it. :) I love when He does that.
It's also been a little reminder to me on days since that I haven't felt like going. I am able to remember that time where I was really glad I went after REALLY not wanting to work out.
In the past, if I've even given myself the possibility of not going to the gym, it's over. I will not be going that day. It's cool to see a little progress regarding my mental strength too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment