I always hear that working out with friends has a higher success rate than working out alone. That meeting someone at the gym makes you feel obligated, and more likely to push yourself to go on days you don't feel like it.
Turns out- "they" (whoever "they" are) are right!! Not only do I feel more drive to go, I also am more excited to workout, and have more fun when I go!
When you make the gym a social occasion as opposed to an obligation, it really makes a big difference on your view of the gym!
I now have some girlies that meet up with me once a week for Zumba, as well as a friend who often goes with me Saturday mornings to bodypump. (I REALLY need a friend for that class- it is at EIGHT FIFTEEN in the morning on a SATURDAY!!! lol)
I'm still looking for some more gym buddies! I was hesitant at first, because I'm vain and self-conscious and don't want friends to see me practically dying while working out. Turns out- it's not that big of a deal. :)
Anyone wanting to join me at the gym? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment