I can not count the number of diets i have been through in my 27 years. The earliest diet I an remember was around 15 years old.
I'm really pretty great at diets! Well, what I really mean is I am great at STARTING diets. I get motivated, even a little excited to start a new one! I'm hopeful, eager to drop pounds and become healthier.
The first week or so into a diet I usually drop weight very rapidly. I realize most of this weight is water weight I've retained, but it's still thrilling to see the numbers on the scale decline so quickly!
Then, every time, usually around about 185-186 pounds it happens. I plateau. Big time. A week, even two may go by without even one pound lost! I even may start gaining a pound or two back, despite still strictly sticking to the diet.
It is BEYOND FRUSTRATING!! I feel hopeless, like no matter how hard I try I will never be thin.
This is where I usually give up. I get angry at my body and punish it with pizza, soda, and more cookies than you could shake a stick at.
There was one diet I actually got through the initial plateau. The Herbalife shake diet got me to about 180, but I got so sick of the shakes I would literally start gagging even if I THOUGHT about making a shake. Turns out I was allergic to them. :/
So this is the scary part for me. I have pushed through the first plateau (I know there will be more to come) and I'm slowly but surely continuing to lose weight. I don't want to give up, get bored, or get frustrated and quit. I've worked too hard and for too long (50 days!) to give up now.
What's good (and unusual) is that I don't want to. I'm not bored with the food, it's not making me feel sick or deprived, and I actually feel great!
So, I'm hoping to one day be able to say (instead of dieting) I am GREAT at eating healthy!! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment