Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Suck it in!

I had some great advice given to me during a bodypump class a long time ago. She mentioned how important it is (if you want a flat stomach) to keep your ab muscles tight all the time, not just when you're doing an an routine. It doesn't matter what workout you're doing, if your abs are pulled in tight you will strengthen them as well!
I was skeptical at first, but I have to admit it's working! I even have the start of abs!!! They're flabby abs so far, but I'm seein definition already!
In have a really hard time doing crunches right now. My core is really weak and my back is on fire even after roughly 5 sit-ups/crunches. In order to make my core and back strong enough to handle crunches, I've started "pulling my belly button towards my spine" (that's how one of the bodypump teachers puts it) all the time. :)
Now, whenever I'm walking around at work, taking the stairs, or working out at the gym, I tighten up those core muscles!
It's one more little thing that, done over time, has actually made a difference! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment