Friday, November 9, 2012

Cranky Pants

I just wanted to take a few minutes and apologize to my family, friends, coworkers, and random strangers- all of whom I've lashed out at these past few weeks.
I have been a total crabby pattie. HUGE mood swings, bouts of anger for no apparent reason, coming extremely close to bursting into tears at random times throughout my day. Sorry bout all that. ;)
It could be 1,000 things. Weather change always screws with me, hormones, job bein silly, not movin to Mexico, singleness gettin to me- could be all of it combined for all I know.
I was trying to figure out how to bust out of this funk, when it hit me-with this diet I can no longer find comfort in food anymore. I can't eat my feelings away. I can't hide behind mountains of food to make me happy now.
So yes- a lot of craziness can be goin on. But before trying to eat healthy, I could always find solace in comfort food. Plans don't work out? An entire box of Mac-n-Cheese, please! (And it better be Kraft, or things WILL get ugly!) Bad day at work? I'll take 2 servings of dinner, cookies, cake, chips, and 3 sodas, thank you. (Not kidding-this happened more than I would like to admit.) Interested in a guy who just isn't diggin me? Don't worry- I'll just call up my old friend Chipotle and eat until I explode. (BTW- if chipotle served dessert you would literally have to roll me out of that joint.)
It sounds silly, and quite sad really, but I feel almost as if I've been through a break-up. What I found comfort, joy, calm, and happiness from is no longer there. Learning how to eat-to-live when I've spent my life living-to-eat is much more of an emotional roller coaster than I expected.

4 comments:

  1. Kelli - we should hit up the farmer's market together one of these weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!!! I can't do fruits just yet but I can do veggies. :)

      Delete
  2. Not many fruits in season anyway! Veggies ftw.

    ReplyDelete