One "rule" of this diet is that you can no longer take elevators/escalators. I think I had already mentioned that I had I started taking the stairs at work.
After a little over a week doing this, I've noticed a pattern. Skinny people LOVE stairs! (Ok, maybe they don't LOVE them.) Almost every time I'm taking the stairs, I come across another employee also climbin. And almost every single person I run across in the stairwell is skinny!
The Dukan diet suggests small things to do each day that can gradually make you start losing weight. Taking the stairs. Drinking only water and coffee/tea with zero calorie sweetener. Parking further away and walking. And...taking the stairs. They're all small life changes that, in the long run, make a big difference.
Yes, I am out of breath by the time I make it up one flight. Yes, my thighs are on fire when I get to where I'm going. But it wont kill me. And it's a little step to make a big change.
No comments:
Post a Comment