Thursday, October 25, 2012

Weddings

So I went to a wedding last night. It was SO great. The bride was beautiful, the wedding was gorgeous, and it was such a fun time! :)
I was quite worried about what I was going to eat while there. The phase of the diet I am on (more to come on that in a later post) is rather restrictive, and I was afraid that without having my meal pre-planned, I wouldn't have the self-control to make good choices.
I made sure to eat as soon as I woke up, and had two small snacks prior to leaving for the church. I kept water on hand, and kept full and well hydrated. I packed a lunch with some snacks, and made sure I ate right before the ceremony so I wasn't starving by the reception.
When it was time to get dinner, I was still ok! It was even a buffet- a chunky chick lacking self-control's nightmare! I was satisfied since I had eaten a few hours earlier, so when my time came I chose chicken and green beans.
It may sound like nothing to people that don't have to constantly fight their inner fat girl, but for me- this was huge. I didn't make excuses! I didn't justify horrible food choices simply because it was a special occasion. I enjoyed my meal, was satisfied (and not sick), and had no guilt. This is a good feeling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment