I have a bunch of excuses as to why I don't diet/exercise. Wanna hear 'em? Good! But, since I'm also trying to change my mindset regarding how I view diet/exercise, I am also going to remind myself why these aren't really excuses at all. :D
-I work nights (11pm-7am)
*You only work 8hrs a night. You work the same amount of hours a week as any full time employee. They can make working out work- SO CAN YOU!
-I'm tired!
*Exercise and eating right GIVES YOU ENERGY.
-We have unhealthy food in the house.
*NO ONE is putting it in your mouth!
-Eating healthy/exercising is time consuming.
*So, you'll miss a few reruns of a show you've seen 1,000 times. I think you'll live. That's why we have DVR.
-It's expensive.
*Not really. Grocery shopping may be one big spend a week, but it's better than fast food all the time. It's cheaper in the long run. (Staying off heart medicine and diabetes medicine because you're healthy is cheaper too!)
-It's inconvenient. I can't hang out with my friends.
*Stop it. If you think ahead, plan your meals, and bring healthy snacks, you'll be fine.
-It's about to be the holidays!! No WaWa gobblers?!
*You'll live. Make smart choices. You can make it through the holidays just fine if you make smart choices. You don't have to eat lettuce while your family stuffs themselves. Portion size and healthy choices are key.
So, now that you've watched my inner dialogue/argument, and subsequently realized I'm a little nutty... There is NO EXCUSE for accepting unhealthiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment