I'm trying to make this weightloss goal a lifelong one. I have struggled with my weight since I was in high school. I was VERY thin as a child, but somewhere along the line my metabolism decided to stop dead in its tracks. My eating habits didn't though. I ate like I was getting paid per bite. Food has always been a comfort to me. I eat when I'm happy, wen I'm sad, stressed, frustrated, worried...you get the idea.
So, in hoping this diet isn't a "diet", but rather a lifestyle change, I've started a little slower. Rather than hitting the gym 6 days a week and eating salads with no dressing for every meal, I've taken little steps in the beginning that are actually making a difference.
Here's what I've done so far:
-I drink at least 72 oz. of water a day
(I can actually feel a difference- my body starts yelling at me if I don't have this now)
-I use the myfitnesspal app on my phone to keep track of calories. Try it-it's awesome! If you have an iPhone (not sure it works on others) you can scan the barcode of what you're eating and it puts all the info in for you!) Follow me! KellBell925
-I have stopped drinking sodas, teas, and juice that are basically straight up sugar. I never realized how many calories I was getting simply through what I drank.
-I've been taking the stairs at work and parking further away. (Since I get to work at 11pm, this is even more exercise since I am a big chicken and basically RUN to the door.)
-I am eating "breakfast" within an hour of waking up everyday. (my "breakfast" is at around 4pm...) I have found this actually wakes me up a lot faster and I feel much less lethargic in starting my day.
-I stopped using coffee creamer. This was the hardest. I honesty used at out 1/4 creamer for an 8oz cup of coffee. I didn't like the taste of coffee- but I LOVE caffeine. :) Although it wasn't my favorite at first, it only took a few days to get used to. Now I actually enjoy my morning coffee with 1tbsp of Truvia in it! (can't do black just yet.)
Simply by doing these small things I have already lost ten pounds In about two weeks! (I was over 200lbs before starting this blog... :/) So onto the next challenge: finding a diet and exercise program that won't break the bank and is something I can do for life. :D


Have you tried green tea? You can get your caffeine calorie free AND it boosts metabolism! (I admit it's an acquired taste, but I love it now!)
ReplyDeleteActually, today I am brewing my own kombucha! It's fermented green tea that's effervescent. It's got a lot of health benefits, a little caffeine, and somethig to go to when I need some flavor (instead of just water). Also an acquired taste, and I recommend NOT smelling it if you try it, as it has a strong odor (but not taste) of vinegar. I'll be posting the process on here today! :D
ReplyDeleteI have tried it and can't stomach it - so GO YOU!
ReplyDeleteI tried a home brew that was WAY too strong first, and initially it turned me of to it. But the Syngery brand has a lot of good flavors! I had guava last night, and it tastes like grapefruit fizzy juice. lol
Delete