The idea of me writing a blog about eating healthy and in shape, right now, seems a tad ridiculous. However, I'm hoping weeks, months, even years from now, I'll look back on this and say, "See?! You weren't crazy!! You CAN do this!!"
I'm looking to write this blog for a few reasons-
*I wanna change the phrase, "Kelli works out?" to, "Kelli WORKS OUT!!"
*I'd like my clothes to actually fit.
*I'd like to not wake up every morning completely exhausted, regardless how much sleep I get.
*I have really bad acne, and (since I've tried EVERYTHING else) I'm pretty sure it's diet related. I'm tired of looking like I'm struggling through puberty.
*I'd like to have something to look back on. To see it may not always be easy, but it will ALWAYS be worth it.
*I want kids. And I want to have my kids not look back at a childhood where their mother was too fat, lazy, tired, etc to play with them.
*I'd like to be able to show those struggling right along side me that it's possible.
*The bible says to treat your body as a temple. It's supposed to be a holy place, and I'm treating mine like a garbage disposal. It's not honoring God, and it's making me miss out on opportunities to get closer to Him and to minister to others. That's gotta stop.
There are 1,000 more reasons, but we'll get to those later. ;)
It's gonna get ugly, folks. :) I will try my best to be completely transparent, showing every ugly step of the way. The good, victorious moments, and those times I really just feel like I suck at life. So bear with me. :)
As I start this blog, I am 5'5" and 195.2 pounds. (I hope y'all realize how badly I didn't want to type those numbers.) I don't plan on relying too much on the scale to measure my victory, seeing how I can be 200lbs and unhealthy, but I could be 120lbs and still not be giving my body what it needs. However, I do not want to stay at the weight I am, because it doesn't FEEL healthy.
Anywho, here we go! Wish me luck!
Whoo hoo! Get it!
ReplyDeletethanks Missy!! :D
DeleteGood luck Kelli! I'm doing it right along side of you. And I commend you for writing how much you weigh. I don't have enough courage to put that out there. I'm so ashamed that my own husband doesn't even know what size I wear or how much I weigh. It's time to change all of that. I'm always here if you need me. :-)
ReplyDeleteGirl, don't be embarrassed!! Embrace the pounds! And have a huge HORRAY!!! When they're gone! :D Way to be awesome! You're workin it, and that's somethin to be proud of!!
ReplyDelete