It finally happened!!! :)
I had one of those workouts that you hear skinny people talk about! It feels GREAT!! I worked my buns off, pushed harder than I ever have, and walked away feeling like a CHAMPION!! :)
I warmed up with three miles on the elliptical (HELLO!!) and really was pumped. Zumba was PACKED, which makes it even more fun cause the energy is off the charts! I committed to at least TRYING the most intense option for every move, and for most of them I was able to actually keep up!
I didn't think the day would EVER come where I actually looked FORWARD to going to the gym. Where I felt great after, instead of wanting to go crawl in bed. To feel the endorphins I always hear people talk about, "natures anti-depressant" kick in. Awesome.
Side note: yesterday in Zumba we had to do burpees. BURPEES. BUR. PEES. (If you don't know what a burpee is:
-Jump in the air with your arms extended over your head.
-Bend down and place your hands one the ground next to your feet.
-Shoot your legs out behind you into a push-up position.
-Jump your feet back towards your hands.
-Jump back into the air, arms extended, and begin again.
Or you can do Kelli's version:
-Throw your arms in the air and hop a little.
-Bend down and put your arms on the floor, praying you don't face plant.
-Jump your legs out and try hard not to belly flop on the floor.
-Walk/crawl your legs back in towards your hands.
-Try not to barf.
-Repeat.
Healthy is awesome. :) Strong/fit will be even MORE awesome!!
(The picture below is the awesome cardiac monitor the BFF got me for Christmas. That CA? Yeah, that's how many calories I burned in Zumba. Just in case you can't read it, it says 1049. One. THOUSAND. forty. Nine. Boom!)

LMAO, i like Kelli's version. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! It's really HOTT to see in person. ;)
DeleteKelli - that is AWESOME. I have never burned that many calories at one time (that I know of) EVER! Maybe back in high school when I was on the swim team, but that ROCKS, Girl! Get it!
ReplyDeleteThanks Missy!!! I was REALLY pushin myself. As soon as I realized I might clear 1,000- I started to REALLY get it! lol
DeleteThat's the most I have EVER burned!! I am certainly feelin it today! (In a good way :))