Friday, January 11, 2013

Big girls, you are beautiful!

A little while ago, while watching TV with friends, I saw a singer I had only ever heard before on the radio. She was gorgeous, but not the average "teeny tiny" singer I was expecting.
In my surprise I exclaimed, "I DIDN'T KNOW ______ WAS A BIG GIRL!! Go 'head girl!!!"

One of the friends I was with replied, "You better be careful Kelli- pretty soon if you say something like that, you're just going to look like a "B"!

She's right. I do have to be careful how I word things. I have a bad habit of just saying whatever comes to mind without realizing that people may not understand the heart behind it. I may sound like a "B"!

Truth is- No matter what size, I relate to the "big girl"! :) I will always be a big girl at heart, and I think that's fabulous! "Big girl" is not a bad thing to me.

As a society we need to begin to accept and love each other at every size. We need to stop being so desperate to lose weight in order to become attractive and desirable, and do it to become strong and healthy! HEALTHY is beautiful! STRONG is beautiful! No matter what stinkin' number is on the inside of your pants!!! People who are confident, love themselves, and take care of themselves- THAT'S attractive. THAT'S desirable.

That number on the tag does not define you!! Please listen. Don't waste years hating yourself trying to get to that magic size. Trust me. Love who you are. Right now! Because you are remarkable. One of a kind! You are you- and that is FAN-TASTIC!!!

There. I said it! I'll be stepping off my soapbox now.




No comments:

Post a Comment