Monday, December 24, 2012

Healthy and the holidays

(So this is late- but I thought I had already posted this one. :) My bad.)

Let's face it- eating healthy during the holidays can be REALLY challenging. That sentence feels like a huge understatement.
There are goodies, sweets, and treats lurking around every corner. People make cookies and baked goods, give them as gifts, leave them for coworkers...it is impossible to avoid Christmas treats.
I'll admit- I did not do as well at saying "no thank you" to all of the sweet temptations that Christmas brought as I could have. It didn't help that I was PMSing as well. (Thanks Mother Nature!!) I know y'all wanted to know that. ;)
It was pretty cool, though. Yes, I indulged in chocolatey goodness. Yes, Instead of just having a "taste" of said chocolate, I wolfed down more than my fair share. ;) But you know what? It made me feel AWFUL! (Doesn't sound cool- let me explain. :))
Now for the cool part- I can actually feel a difference between eating healthy and eating junk!! My body isn't used to junk anymore! So much so, that when I do eat it, I feel yucky!
I was tired, irritable, bloated and incredibly uncomfortable. I'm starting to recognize what junk does to me, and realize that it's just not worth it! Now, THAT my friends, is progress. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment